Access your Android’s built-in Linux command line shell. Unleash your inner geek!
This is a new version of the popular “Android Terminal Emulator” application. Same great program, just with a new name.
- Full Linux terminal emulation.
- Multiple windows.
- Launcher short cuts.
- UTF-8 text. (Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, etc.)
- Completely free. No ads, no in-app-purchases, no nag screens, nothing.
- If you are having trouble entering text, try installing the free “Hacker’s Keyboard IME”. (Especially if you have a Samsung or HTC device.)
- This app isn’t a game emulator.
- This app won’t help you root your phone or change your phone’s IMEI.
- You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use the Linux command line to use this app.
- You may want to install a set of command line utilities like “Busy Box” or “Debian chroot” in order to add commands beyond the commands that come built into your Android device.
- If you get a -505 error when trying to install this app under Android 5.0, it means that some other app is using the same permissions. You will have to uninstall the other app in order to install Terminal Emulator for Android. (People tell me that “jrummy’s Toolbox Pro” causes this problem.)
- Fix bugs related to showing/hiding action bar.
Get free APK of this app from below!
Get this app from Google Play Store!